Attendance & Progress
King Edward VI Academy is committed to providing a full and efficient education for all students.
The academy believes that all students benefit from the education it provides and therefore from regular academy attendance.
To this end, the academy will do as much as it can to ensure that all students achieve maximum possible attendance and that any problems which may impede full attendance are acted upon as quickly as possible.
It is important to us though that attendance is something to be rewarded and celebrated. We recognise good attendance by:
- Recording attendance percentages on individual printouts to accompany annual reports
- Every half term parents are sent the attendance figures for their child
- The tutor group with the highest attendance each month will receive a prize
- The house with the best attendance over each four weekly period receives a house star
- At the end of each term a rewards trip is offered to students who have had excellent attendance and behaviour throughout the term
- Golden Ticket Party invitations at the end of each term for good attendance and recognised improvements in subject.
- ‘In it to win it’ initiative – awarding students each week that achieve 100% attendance.
- 100% attendance certificates.